Camellia japonica ‘Mathothiana Rosea‘ (standard tree)
Our standard Camellia japonica is a fantastic evergreen plant. We are offering clear stem standard trees that have been trained and pruned in the nursery so the stem is perfectly straight until the canopy begins at around six foot tall. Camellia japonica are not vigorous trees, so once mature they will only require a gentle prune once a year, even though they are slow growers they do have the capacity to grow to three to four meters tall and being evergreen can be used for screening buildings. We sell specimen trees in two different sizes. The leaves are leathery dark green and Camellia will prefer partial shade rather than full sun.
However Camelia japonica must be planted in a sheltered position, as very cold winds in Winter can damage leaves badly and damage the form of the plant.
- DFG rating: 10/10
- Small leathery oval green leaves with a golden. Blooms in late Winter and early Spring with large red flowers.
- Deep pink flowers.
- 275cm tall
- 8-12cm girth clear stem of 180-190cm.
- The canopy is 60-70cm wide and tall.
- Hardy to -10c or -15c in a very sheltered spot.
- Soil must be Acid, it is fine to plant in lightly acidic soil, but you will need to plant the trees with plenty of ericaceous compost. And then keep feeding the trees three times a year, with ericaceous fertiliser in April, July and October.
- - - - - - - - - -
Delivery cost of our evergreen trees is dependant on the size of the order and dependant on where you live in the U.K. so it is best to discuss this on the phone on 07500970951 or 01858414245, for us to get you the lowest delivery, often FREE.
We offer and recommend our mature tree planting service. Planting, supporting and irrigating the trees properly is essential to them establishing. We travel all over the UK, recently planting in Bristol and Southampton. Please call us to discuss and we will be delighted to give you a quotation.