Camellia sasanqua ~ pleached tree ~ pink flowers
Camellia sasanqua is the Autumn flowering Camellia. Smaller leaves than than Camellia japonica, and tougher. So trained as an evergreen tree makes for one of the most unique flowering features in the garden. This pleached option for screening or as an architectural feature is amazing, but it does need a sheltered site.
- DFG rating: 10/10
- Small leathery oval green leaves.
- Blooms in Autumn.
- Pale pink flowers.
- 3 meters tall Standard tree. Stem 190cm.
- Recommended spacing for planting is 150cm to 175cm from stem to stem.
- 10-12cm girth clear stem 200cm.
- Frame is 120cm wide and 120cm high.
- Hardy to -10c in a very sheltered spot.
- Soil must be Acid, it is fine to plant in lightly acidic soil, but you will need to plant the trees with plenty of ericaceous compost. And then keep feeding the trees three times a year, with ericaceous fertiliser in April, July and October.